This week I was fortunate enough to attend an exclusive viewing of The Photograph & Australia.
The Art Gallery of New South Wales closed its doors to the public and welcomed us for a private viewing of the exhibition which celebrates photography as being crucial in the development of our understanding of Australia as a place and its people. It traces the evolution of the medium and its many uses from the 1840s until today.
The evening was rounded off with a sumptuously impressive canapé reception with a menu designed specifically for the night by celebrity chef, Matt Moran. Served by his catering company, Morsul at their in-house restaurant; ‘Chiswick At The Gallery’. We were spoilt to a delicious array of canapés and small plates as we sipped champagne with a backdrop of the sunset over Woolloomaloo.
Here are some of the canapés we enjoyed:
- Beetroot macaron, horseradish
- Tuna pops, avocado, soy gel, wasabi
- Seared scallop, carrot puree, smoked almonds
- Grilled wagyu, spicy mayonnaise
- Mixed ice-cream and sorbet on sticks
- Roast pumpkin, feta, quinoa
- Snow crab slider, lettuce, kewpie, gherkins